We have a fantastic and exciting opportunity for an Engineering Team Leader to join the Engineering/Operations team at Fresh-Pak Chilled Foods at our Barnsley facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will co-ordinate the hour by hour and day to day engineering function in the absence of the Maintenance Manager, with strong focus on safety, effectively direct and effectively communicate with the engineering team and 1st line operations supervision.
The role holder will work alongside the Engineering Team to improve service to production and will enforce reactive and proactive maintenance task completion in addition to localised equipment based continuous improvement initiatives.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Team coaching, development and management
- Contribute to the engagement of engineering personnel by demonstrating commitment to achieving company and department objectives
- To provide direction and effective coordination ensuring that colleagues and team members are kept safe, motivated and delivering their potential
- Support the operations team in respective areas of responsibility
- Ensure that asset performance (availability and repeatability) achieves the minimum standard to achieve production requirements while maintaining cost control
- Ensure effective communications are maintained with all operations personnel
- Development and implementation of robust maintenance systems, development of maintenance systems and practices, contractor control
- Maintain cost control, ensuring asset and facility are maintained at minimum cost, while ensuring maximum performance
- Implement data driven cost saving initiatives with the engineering team
- Work across all departments to resolve operational issues as they arise, ensuring processes related to product safety and quality are strictly upheld
- Demonstrate root cause failure analysis and mitigation on all significant breakdowns
To be successful in the role you will have a recognised Engineering qualification and have previous supervisory experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational and time-management skills. You will also have a sound knowledge of Health & Safety and energy efficiency. Analytical and problem-solving skills (including experience of root cause techniques) with the ability to generate innovative, pragmatic solutions.
Hours of work: 4 on, 4 off rotation, days & nights – 40 hours per week. However a flexible approach is key as some out of hours and additional cover may be required.
To apply, please forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org