Main purpose of the role:
The direction, design and execution of the Health, Safety and Environment agenda across the business. Ensuring the delivery of progressive improvement, in line with the corporate strategy, including delivery of ‘best practice’ and the development of a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the workforce.
To be the key business contact for external safety and environmental bodies / building relationships with the partners and leveraging the full benefit from these partnerships
Although Fresh-Pak recognises the importance of a work / life balance, the dynamic nature of food manufacturing and the unpredictability of issues, such as unannounced audits, unplanned events/incidents that effect operational output, means that a flexible approach is key to successful integration within this role, as some out of hours and additional hours cover may be required.
Key Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) :
- Define design and deliver the transition to certification to ISO14001 and ISO 45001
- Create the business-wide initiative of higher health and safety awareness and engagement at all operational levels, driving a positive, effective health and safety culture
- Proactively engage with Management teams at all levels of the Business to ensure ownership and accountability for HSE improvement
- Development of the company wide performance indicators, focus on leading indicators, including annual improvement targets. Responsible for the design of the safety management strategy to
- Responsibility for securing the environmental compliance for the effluent plant operation and drain management
- Accountability for developing the systems and infrastructure to secure year on year reduction of the landfill volumes. Aim ultimately to achieve zero to landfill
- Prepare, monitor and analyse on Health, Safety and Environmental trends, identifying corrective actions as required
- Develop relationships with external HSE bodies to ensure a collaborative working environment
- Ensure the delivery of effective communication of HSE objectives to the operational team
- Ensure that regular audits, inspections and safety tours take place within the required standards and provide guidance on corrective actions where appropriate
- Accountable for management of the the business hazard and risk, creating robust systems ensure the correct control is in place. This will include utilising the required systems such as Risk Assessments (RA) across the business and creating the required SOPs to address the hazards and risk.
- Reviewing and Implementing appropriate Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) in line with business requirements.
- Ensure that all accidents and near miss events are promptly and thoroughly investigated, lessons learnt are shared and that accurate reports are completed and all relevant information. Ensuring that the corrective actions are suitable and effective and audit via the HSE coordinator that they have been sustainably delivered
- Carry out risk and COSHH assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Assume responsibility for the review and assessment / validation and acceptance of RAMS
- Monitoring and management of the CDM aspects of project delivery with the relevant nominated companies
- Permit system development in coordination with the engineering team
- Management of the H&S committee and leadership of the Safety Action Team process
Skills/ Experience / Knowledge:
- NEBOSH DIPLOMA is essential – WAMITAB or equivalent would be advantageous
- Project / CDM experience delivery / coordination
- Experience of effluent treatment and the control of waste streams to achieve compliance
- Experience of delivering accreditation to ISO 14001 and 45001, from design to delivery
- 5 years plus experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to influence teams at all levels
- Ability to communicate at board level to ensure the priorities are balanced
- Computer literate in all office applications
- Mathematically astute
- Well honed analytical and problem-solving skills (including experience of root cause techniques) with the ability to generate innovative pragmatic solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to influence and motivate
Hours of work: – Full time – 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Flexibility required as some out of hours working may be needed.
Salary – to be discussed at interview.
Please forward a current CV & cover letter to the HR department at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 3rd June 2022