Freshpak is one of Britain’s leading chilled food manufacturers.
Based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, we make a huge range of sandwich fillings, dips, vegetable and fish pates, mayonnaise and egg products and supply retailers, food service outlets and other food manufacturers. Our vision is to be a high growth, trusted partner for chilled foods.
Focussed on satisfying our customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback, we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and are now recruiting for Hygiene Operatives to work in various departments at our Barnsley facility.
Your main responsibility will be:
- Effectively carry out a range of in-depth cleaning tasks as directed by Hygiene Manager and in accordance with the relevant Cleaning Schedules, Cleaning Instruction Cards (Safe Systems of Work – SSOW) and the completion of all Cleaning Records
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the Fresh-Pak Waterside Park factories are cleaned to specification to prevent microbiological, chemical and foreign body contamination within the site and in compliance with the Company and our customers high standards for food safety
Skills/ Experience / Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of basic food hygiene and health & safety principles
- Previous experience /knowledge of food manufacturing and industrial deep cleaning processes would be preferable but not essential
- Full training will be given, including relevant in-house training, on Health & Safety, Food Safety, Chemical Awareness and cleaning methods / procedures
- Reliable and have a good absence and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Team player & co-operative
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions and have good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and helpful attitude to completing tasks
- Display a positive work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude – Willingness to learn new skills
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- Working in a chilled environment – All PPE is provided
- Physically fit as some roles will involve manual handling
Great opportunities to progress within the business. Freshpak are always looking to promote within our current workforce
Hours of work: – Nights
4 days on, 2 days off rota, 22.00pm to 06.00am
4 days on, 4 days off rota, 18.00pm to 06.00am
Shift rotas will involve working weekends.
Rate of pay: Starting rate of £9.06 per hour, with the opportunity to progress to higher rates of pay after probationary period
Permanent Roles – employed status
5.6 weeks holiday per year
Employee Assistance Programme with discounts for staff
Free On site parking
To apply – please contact the HR Department for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org