Freshpak is one of Britain’s leading chilled food manufacturers.
Based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, we make a huge range of sandwich fillings, dips, vegetable and fish pates, mayonnaise and egg products and supply retailers, food service outlets and other food manufacturers. Our vision is to be a high growth, trusted partner for chilled foods.
Focussed on satisfying our customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback, we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and are now recruiting for Production Operatives to work in various departments at our Barnsley facility.
- To carry out a variety of tasks to enable the smooth running of the day-to-day production operation
- To ensure the safety, quality and legality of the products being produced
- Maintain high standards at all times
Skills/ Experience / Knowledge:
- Reliable and have a good attendance and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Team player with positive work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude
- Good knowledge of basic food hygiene and health & safety principles
- Able to communicate, understand and follow instructions
- Good attention to detail
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- Previous experience within the food industry advantageous, but training provided
- Previous machine operator experience would be a distinct advantage
- Working in a chilled environment – All PPE is provided
- Physically fit as some roles will involve manual lifting
Great opportunities to progress within the business. Freshpak are always looking to promote within our current workforce.
Hours of work: – Various shift patterns – days/afternoons/nights – Shift rotas of 4 or 5 days from 7 – will involve working weekends.
Rates of pay: Starting from £10.00 p/h with the potential to earn up £12.80 p/h after training completed – skilled rates
Permanent Roles – employed status
5.6 weeks holiday per year
Employee Assistance Programme with discounts for staff
Free on-site parking
To apply please email your CV or request an application form at email@example.com. Inductions will be held on site.